Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Butternut Squash Soup



Ingredients:
1 butternut squash, peeled, cleaned out and chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 orange and red pepper, chopped
6 cups chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
1/4-1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
fresh oregano for topping (optional)

1) Add the butternut squash, onion powder, garlic, peppers, and chicken broth to a big stock pot and bring to boil. Cover and simmer 40-45 min.
2) Use and immersion blender or blend up soup in a blender (I used my vitamix). I blended up the soup in batches and then returned to the stock pot.
3) Add coconut milk and stir to combine.
4) Ladle into bowls and season with salt and pepper and add a sprig of fresh oregano.
5) Enjoy!

The peppers really give it a kick! My family loved the flavor or butternut squash and pepper together, and I will definitely make this soup again. Our daughter pounded hers down in her sippy cup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment