Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Rosemary Roasted Drumsticks with Roasted Grapes


Roasting isn't just for turkey folks! I just updated my grape mojo and can't believe I've been missing out on roasted grapes my whole life! They are SO good b/c they are SO sweet. Think little jam balls in your mouth! This dish is elegant and super tasty. My family couldn't get enough of the chicken.


Ingredients:

2lbs chicken drumsticks
1 1/2 cups red grapes
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 tablespoon rosemary

Marinade:
1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon ground mustard
pinch of salt
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup ghee

Directions:

Place drumsticks in marinade (I use a ziploc bag) and place it in the fridge for a couple hours or over night. I did mine over night. The ghee will turn solid and stick to the chicken.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and place chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the salt, pepper and rosemary on top of chicken (I salted both sides, and probably used a little more than a teaspoon).

Roast chicken for 10 minutes. Add grapes to the baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes more.


3 comments:

  1. Hi! Looks yummy! Did you leave the skin on (looks like it, just being sure) and also, did you turn the chicken during roasting or just leave in place? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Looks yummy! Did you leave the skin on (looks like it, just being sure) and also, did you turn the chicken during roasting or just leave in place? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey! I did leave the skin on and didn't turn the chicken during roasting, but you definitely can! Depending on your oven, you might want to turn the chicken half way through.

      Delete