Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Crockpot Salsa Verde Sweet Pork



2 ½ lbs pork roast
1/3 cup water
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup Herdez salsa verde
1 cup date paste


Put 1 cup pitted dates (about 10 dates) in container and fill with enough water (or apple juice) to cover the top of the dates, and let sit in the fridge until roast is cooked. Put pork, water, garlic, salt and pepper in crockpot. Cook on high for 6 hours (check it) and then turn it to low until ready to serve.
Once the pork is done cooking, blend up your dates with the water in a blender until well combined. It should be the consistency of paste. I do this in my magic bullet just fine.
Drain and shred pork with two forks. Stir together salsa verde and date paste, pour over pork and stir in. Serve over cauliflower rice, and top with pico/salsa, guacamole, shredded lettuce, and whatever else your heart desires.






2 comments:

  1. I'm making a grocery list right now, and the ingredients for this recipe are on there :) Just curious, Is this your recipe or did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! This is my recipe. I just changed the ingredients from the recipe I use to make, in order to make it whole30 approved. You can find that recipe on my old blog. I got the sparkling cider idea from a friend though! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete